Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mark Batterson's Primal Review

I recently received an advance copy of Mark Batterson’s new book, Primal. Having read his previous book, In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, when I saw that it was possible to apply for an advance reading of his newest writings, I jumped at the opportunity. After reading this book, I am very happy to say that this is indeed another must read.

Primal, a “quest for the lost soul of Christianity”, is broken up into four different sections all covering a different topic or idea of this faith that we hold so dearly. These include the heart of Christianity, the soul of Christianity (my personal favorite), the mind of Christianity, and lastly, the strength of Christianity.

The final thoughts in part two, the soul of Christianity, is truly inspiring to any Christian reader. The idea discussed is that when we come across a verse in the scripture, what if we truly unpacked what it said and applied it directly to our lives. How different would we be if we absolutely lived out what we read. We as Christians need to be a living translation of what we read. Wow. To hear it put like that truly encapsulates what our lives should be about. To be a light in the dark; a city on a hill. A living, breathing, walking, talking book of Christ.

I encourage anyone who reads this review to go to your local bookstore and purchase it. I have faith that as soon as you pick it up, it wont be closed until the final page has been turned.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan,

    I loved Mark Batterson's "Wild Goose Chase". I will indeed have to pick up, "Primal". Thanks for recommending and reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete