Saturday, May 30, 2009

Behind the eyes...

Whats going on in your mind? What is BEHIND your eyes? Have you ever let anyone in? From what little experience I have in life, I am learning that there is more than just the eyes to the picture...
Have you ever tried to be in relationship with someone who you realized never truly let you know their heart, or what was going on inside? I am the kind of person who's sole desire is to see the world behind your eyes. I want to be involved, I have a need to be trusted. To lose someones trust is my greatest fear...and one of my greatest pains. Maybe it is because I am very transparent, but I try to let people see what is really going on behind my eyes. 
What is life without being vulnerable? YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SO TOUGH! If you get any morsel of idea out of this little post, let it be this. Let that person in. I KNOW you have been hurt in the past...I KNOW it's hard to trust again...but it only hurts you, and the person who just wants to see YOU and who you really are...
I recently found a song that kinda got this idea brewing in my head, by Jon Foreman...

Behind Your Eyes
If you let your feelings go, dear
It's scary what you'll find
I find I'm on your street, dear
And you're always on my mind
And no one need to know
That you let me in tonight
That you let me see the world
That you let me see the world
Behind your eyes
I want to see us work, dear
To reach the other side
Our treachery is love, dear
We're on both ends of the fight
We're fighting for ourselves
Fighting for our lives
Would you let me see
The world behind your eyes
And no one needs to know
How scared we are tonight
Would you let me see the world
Behind your eyes

That person cares so much about you that they want to see who you are. They will look past all of your shortcoming, hoping you will do the same. I challenge you...just a piece. Just start with one piece of your world. 

Let them in...they care about you more than you know...

I make a challenge to you. Let them see you for who you are. Let them in, even if it's just a little bit at a time, and you will realize that it's not just for them, it's for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment