Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time...time is what brings us together today...


Well, here I am again. I have decided to limit myself to (fingers crossed) one post a week, to unsure the impossibility of "blog burnout". I have been thinking about forgiveness a lot lately, and realized that sometimes, time goes hand in hand with the act of forgiving...
You see, time really does heal all wounds. When I used to see this, I thought it was completely wrong until I realized that, it isn't the time, but the experiences over time that are the true medications. Things happen over time that broaden our horizons, open our eyes, and stretch us little by little. Through being stretched, those things that hurt us in the past seem to dull; they lose the luster of pain. I imagine hurt as a freshly paved road. It isn't the time itself that wears the road out, but the journeys that are traveled on it. Bit by bit, little by little, the pain gets thinner and starts to crack. After some of the journeys are complete, life once again begins to grow through the cracks...
one
blade
at a time.
Thats all it takes. Just one little blade of life...
As the the journey continues, a little more life grows. The a bit more...and a bit more....until, after a while, the road is no longer visible beneath the life. 
All I really have to say is...enjoy the journey. Though you feel like you may have blown any chance of happiness out of the water, the journey may bring you right back. By that time, though the pain still lingers, you are given another chance. And as you start that second chance, slowly but surely, the pain will start to recede. All thats left is the new life poking through, bringing you into a peace...one that passes all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment