Friday, February 13, 2009

Deep, late night thoughts...why can't i think like this during the day??

So, it's 1:10 in the morning...I took a nap...and now can't sleep...great. But hey, gives me time to just process thoughts. If you know me, you know that I tend to fly by the seat of my pants (and quite enjoy it), but sometimes, it's so good to just slow down and think. To process. As Americans in general, we start to look so FAR AHEAD that we lose track of the here. The now. I am always looking at point C while working on point A. Now, I realized that this is a good trait to have, but because of it, life just seems to cruise by. The bible says a lot about looking for/striving for the goal ahead, but my only question is....does that mean neglect what we are here for now? We focus so much on making the end goal that we forget to enjoy the journey. When really, what changes us more? The finished product? Or what it took to get there. 
I LOVE the book The Shack. It has changed me and my outlook on life on so many levels. I have read it 5 times since I received it at Christmas time. I say this because a major theme of the whole book is that God, my God, is a God of the now. Yes, he forgives the past. We know he knows our future. But He is the God of now. I find myself praying that I would make the right decision now, so I don't have to deal with the consequences later. If I take care of what needs to be taken care of now, then it all works out in the end. I pride myself on the fact that no matter what the project or goal is, I always get it done. Usually this is me pulling an all nighter the day before the completion date. Is that the way I should be doing it? I take pride in my work, but is that showing it? Does God want a slapped together, super-glued, still drying finished product? Or does He want something that has been sculpted...molded? I find that the best things are those that get worked on little by little. The artist puts it away for a while. Then, when the project is taken out, it has a fresh look. A new, innovative idea to accompany it. I think God wants something that has been broken time and time again. Something that has been torn down, and then fixed with his own hands. I like to think that God prides himself in me. In the way that I jack myself up only to be made stronger by the Artist. I want my life to have a story behind it. I hate the pain while in the midst of it, but thank God for it when I am through it. Without the pain, would I be who I am? Those tough experiences conform me into the image of myself that I need to be. 

1 comment:

  1. ~wow son, I like what God is sculpting~
    ~You are being pliable like God wants us to be and that pleases the father and me~
    ~you are a treasure~

    ReplyDelete