Saturday, August 1, 2009

Look at the kids...

I'm gonna start this off by saying this to the world.

Mom and Dad, thank you so very much for being who you are. You are a constant, daily encouragement. You show me the right way to live, and the right way to treat people. You have molded me into who I am, and I am so happy to call you two my parents.

I say this because I was recently thinking about those people in ministry who abuse others and often wreck homes...then, out of nowhere, I thought of a conversation I had with my mom a while back. We were talking about those people as mentioned before, and so very often, you can see how it affects the children. In a healthy home where God is first, where you roll with the punches, and treat others how God would, the children show the blessing of God in your family. And then you look at the opposite side of the coin, and the children and parents struggle...think of those people who make it a point to be ontop. How often are they the families with children who struggle with their faith and life in general. 
Proverbs 22:6 says to train a child in the ways they should go, and they won't stray from it. How often do children learn by ovserving? When they observe the wrong way of doing things, many times, they are the first to repeat. I say all of this mostly just to thank you, Mom and Dad. I see how you treat people. How you love on everyone, even those that hurt you. I see how you pour yourself out, just to be filled. And though life isn't always easy, I attribute my blessing to you. I am so blessed...and it is all because of you. God blesses us in so many ways...and I know that I am being so blessed because of how you live your life. You are the reason I act like I do, and all the good qualities attributed to me are because of you. Thanks for being who you are. You will most certainly be blessed beyond measure because of it...

1 comment:

  1. wow, you made me cry. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and your appreciation. You are the best and I love you so much...
    mom

    ReplyDelete